French Mystery Shopper is back! Meet Monsieur Shopper

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Novotel Euston, London - passed!


Not sure why but many hotels were fully booked in London this week, so I finally had to settle for the Novotel Euston outside King's Cross and St Pancras...not the best location! But hey, I had no choice.

When I got there, the receptionist from Japan did not speak too clearly and I was tired, so I just got my room card and took the lift up to...the 16th floor, my god, I was on the top floor!

As soon as I entered the room I was amazed by the view in the bedroom, overlooking the whole of London. Then I opened a door, and a whole flat was there with dining room, huge lounge and sofa, another TV, a bar, and a desk. 1 bathroom and 3 toilets, so I grabbed the phone and called reception.

-"Hem, it seems there is a mistake, this is awfully big room, I did not ask for this, can you confirm the price please?"

- "Hi Sir, you got upgraded as the normal rooms were all booked"

This was a good suprise! I did decide to test room service. I ordered stuffed vine tomatoes with mozarella and salmon fishcakes...with icecubes and tabasco. 30 mins later, I got it all but no tabasco, just a homemade spicy sauce. I proceeded to eat my starter, ouch! That was not what I ordered, just sliced tomatoes with red onions. I called room service again, and explained that this is not what I had ordered, so they apologised and resent straight away my starter. In the meantime I ate my tomatoes, so when the proper dish arrived, the waiter asked for the wrong one. When I told him I was hungry and that I had eaten them, he said it was alright.

The main dish was delicious, it was Salmon fishcakes on a bed of sautéed spinach with vanilla and rosemary cream sauce, great combination! I told the waiter to congratulate the chef.

Pleasant evening with a lovely sunset over London.

The next day, I decided to test their speed for check out. I called them before going down the 16 floors and asked them to prepare the invoice. Once I had gone down the 16 floors, the invoice was ready, but the chinese trainee receptionist managed to break the credit card billing machine and had to ask for help. As I was telling them I was going to miss my train if they did not hurry, they told me that they were going to send me the receipt, but the address was not even correct. I remarked and they apologised...

Apart from the checking out episode, which was a bit amateurish, the place and the services were excellent.

Novotel Euston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home